HERBALIST, AROMATHERAPIST AND HOLISTIC CERTIFICATION CLASSES

Our phone number is: 480-331-9355
Please call us with any questions or email us at botanicaleducation@gmail.com



Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BASIL ESSENTIAL OIL - CRAMPS, COLIC, CONCENTRATION and much more!


Hamstring Cramps
My son and I joined friends for dinner after the boys winning a basketball game.  My son was suddenly squirming inpain…and started grabbing his leg; it was his hamstring.  I quickly grabbed my Basil and applied it directly to the site.  My son’s pain was gone in seconds and the muscle was doing great.  The friends we were with commented on how good it smells and we finished dinner.  I don’t go anywhere without my oils!!
Kathleen

Horses Colic
We had the chance to go to Idaho to Warm Creek Springs.  We took 6 horses with us and off to Idaho we went.  It was a 20 hour haul from Colorado.   Upon arriving at camp 2 of the younger horses
seemed to be getting a touch of colic. So we gave them each a big dose of Basil by mouth.  Within minutes their stomachs were stopped and they were fine the rest of the trip.  Every horse lover should keep Basil with them at all times.  Before our knowledge of essential oils we lost several horses to colic.  T.P.


Menstrual Cramps
A few years ago we were having a get-together and there was a woman who was having Menstrual cramps so bad she was pretty much doubled over.  After applying Basil oil to her lower abdomen and her lower back, the pain was totally gone. She could not believe it, her jaw just dropped!!  It was great. 
T.P.


Middle-Of-The-Night Leg Cramps
One night last week I fell asleep on the couch with my feet up on the table in front of me (legs extended). When I awoke, my calves were cramping SO badly I could barely walk.  I hobbled to my oils, grabbed the Basil and rubbed it all over both calves. The cramping stopped in less than 30 seconds!  I wentback to sleep (in the bed this time).  The next morning there was no residual soreness which I’ve often experienced after a severe leg cramp. Go Basil!
Lyn

JACQUE'S COMMENTS:   Thanks to Lorene Davies (the Nature's Farmacy Book author and essentials oils guru) for continually sharing success stories from people who use essential oils. (I carry this book for $45).  There are big differences in quality of essential oils, thus if you purchase a low-grade oil you will not get the same results.  The TruEssence essential oils discussed above have been checked at every level to guarantee that the chemical constituents that do the work are at the perfect levels, and that the oils are organic or wildcrafted.  BASIL is much more than the stories listed above!   

FOCUS, LEARNING AND SCHOOL
It is strenghening, helps with focus and concentration (when inhaled throughout the day),  and is a perfect study aid.  I like 1-2 drops on the temples and back of neck.  To help a child concentrate in school, put BASIL on the toes before socks and shoes when he/she dresses (so that the aroma is less noticeable to others).  CAUTION:  More is not better!  Large amounts can have a stupefying effect! 

ANTI-DEPRESSANT
Due to its effects on the neurological system, Basil helps ease nervous tension, depression, stress and anxiety.  It is especially good when used with Bergamot or Frankincense.  Apply to temples, back of neck, on the adrenals (lower back kidney region), or on the big toes.

There are many more uses, such as pain relief, digestive tonic, vomiting, constipation, rheumatism, gout, asthma, bronchitis, bug bites, insect repellant, etc.  What an amazing plant with amazing gifts to us!   Basil is considered to be the KING OF HERBS - and is an amazing plant that we study in our herbal classes also.  To get your free membership in Forevergreen for premium essential oils go to www.8468701.myforevergreen.org and click on SIGNUP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...