Headaches are a warning signal to indicate that there is a disturbance in some part of the body, such as:
- · insufficient minerals in the body to support strong neck bones (calcium and magnesium with Vitamin D for absorption) causing compression of vertebrae
- · digestive disorders in the stomach, liver or bowel (faulty elimination, and the toxic wastes reaches the stomach nerves).
- sinus blockages (use Eucalyptus essential oil across the bridge of the nose, in front of ears and around ears.)
- · concussion
- · eye strain (have vision checked)
- · nervousness, excitement, panic, fear, or worrying about the unknown and, as discussed above, hormone fluctuations and dehydration
Cayenne increases circulation to all parts of the body and helps open the vascular system for those whose headaches come from tightening of vessels (restricted blood flow). Taking cayenne capsules or ½ teaspoon followed by water or juice has proven helpful for migraines. Also Capsaicin from the juice of fresh peppers was applied in the nostril of a group suffering from cluster headaches. This treatment significantly reduced the number of headaches and some were completely cured.
Ginger: Some studies have compared the efficacy of ginger for the treatment of migraine headaches to Imitrex (a top selling drug). One-eighth of a teaspoon of powdered ginger works as well and as fast as the drug when given at the onset of the migraine. Using ginger daily also helped prevent migraines or decrease their frequency and intensity.
Valerian, Skullcap and Lobelia (Nervine herbs): Stress induced migraines are prevented by using a strong nervine tea or capsules on a regular basis helps to prevent stress-related headaches. Also, essential oils of Geranium, Bergamot, Chamomile (a drop on the back of the neck and on the temples – then rub the finger under the nose, inhaling) are helpful to reduce stress headaches.
MindTrac herbal blend by Dr. Christopher: Some migraines are due to low serotonin levels. Using MindTrac along with exercise, fresh air and sunshine helps to naturally increase serotonin levels.
To help with head pain, ESSENTIAL OILS (pure, medicinal quality) of Peppermint and Marjoram can be applied to the temples and back of neck to stop pain and to relax constricted muscles. A drop of Chaste Berry can be applied daily to the inside and outside ankle bones to help balance hormones levels. To have the desired effect use oils from a reputable source that you know you can trust. For nervousness and anxiety use Geranium on the temples and back of the neck (as well as the mid-back at waistline for adrenal stress. Vitamin B complex also helps with emotional balancing.
Digestive Enzymes (herbs) such as Papaya (in capsules) with each meal (especially those containing meat proteins).