How to Make Orange Essential Oil Extract
1. Eat or juice a bunch of oranges, clementines, or mandarins - - and save the peels.
2. Lay the peels on the cookie sheet, tray or towel and let them air dry (do not put them in a dehydrator or you will lose the oil!) until the peels are rock hard - - about one week to dry.
3. Use the food process/chopper/knife to cut the dry peels into small bits. Do not over process the peels in the food processor/chopper until they are mushy or you will lose the oil in the peel.
4. Add the chopped peels to the jar with the tight fitting lid and cover the peels in grain alcohol or vodka.
6. Shake the jar to release the oil several times a day for several days. The longer you let the peels steep the more orange oil you will extract.
8. Place a clean cloth on top of the jar of liquid. Allow the alcohol to evaporate from the jar for one week.
If you want to purchase ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL (which is NOT an extract, but a pressed oil) go to: