Folk Method for Solar-Infused OilsUse the SUN to naturally infuse oil with the goodness of herbs!
1. Place herbs in a clean, dry quart jar. It is recommended to use DRY herbs but if you desire fresh herbs, wilt them first for 12 hours to remove the moisture (too much water will cause your oil to go rancid), cut into small pieces, and crush with a mortal and pestle before adding to the jar. You can skip this step if your herbs are dried.
Skin-Healing Salve Recipe(Prep: Infuse dried or fresh Calendula and Chamomile in Olive Oil)
3 ounces of Calendula and Chamomile infused oil (see above instructions).
1/2 ounce pure beeswax
15 drops lavender essential oil
3 (1-ounce) salve jars
1. Slowly heat infused oil in a saucepan to about 100 degrees.
2. Chop or grate the beeswax and gradually stir it into hot oil.
3. Once beeswax is melted, remove from heat and stir in essential oil.
4. Pour hot salve into 1-ounce jars and let cool. Cap jars and store at room temperature.