Sunday, April 6, 2014
HYDROGEN PEROXIDE USES
· The chemical element is: H202
· It's made of water and oxygen, with an extra oxygen atom.
· White blood cells naturally produce hydrogen peroxide.
· Fruits and Vegetables naturally produce hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is the only germicidal agent composed only of water and oxygen. Like ozone, it kills disease organisms by oxidation! Hydrogen peroxide is considered the world’s safest all natural effective sanitizer. It kills microorganisms by oxidizing them, which can be best described as a controlled burning process. When Hydrogen peroxide reacts with organic material it breaks down into oxygen and water.
3% Hydrogen Peroxide Uses:Beauty
· Acne – to help clear up skin, dab pimples with peroxide using a cotton ball.
· Finger Nails – to whiten, soak a cotton ball with peroxide and rub it on your nails.
· Hair – to gradually give your hair highlights, mix equal parts peroxide and water and spray on wet hair. Comb the solution through your hair and dry. Peroxide is a bleaching agent, but you will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, faddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it’s not a drastic change.
· Mouthwash – instead of purchasing expensive mouthwashes, try using peroxide instead.
· Teeth – to whiten, hold one capful of peroxide in your mouth for 10 minutes daily.
· Toothpaste – to make your own, make a paste using peroxide and baking soda.
· Age Spots and Acne
Healthcare (always consult a doctor before using hydrogen peroxide as a treatment).Your body makes Hydrogen peroxide to fight infection which must be present for our immune system to function correctly. White blood cells are known as Leukocytes. A sub-class of Leukocytes called Neutrophils produce hydrogen peroxide as the first line of defense against toxins, parasites, bacteria, viruses and yeast.
· Boils – to heal, pour ½ a bottle of peroxide in your bath water.
· Canker Sores – to prevent, hold one capful of peroxide in your mouth for 10 minutes.
· Colds – to cure in 24 hours, put a few drops of peroxide in your ear, when the bubbling stops (5-10 minutes), drain onto a tissue. Repeat for the other ear.
· Colonic – to make your own, add 1 cup of peroxide to 5 gallons of warm water.
· Corns and Calluses – to soften, soak feet in a solution made of equal parts water and peroxide.
· Cuts – to keep from getting infected, clean the cut with peroxide.
· Detox Bath – to rejuvenate, add 2 quarts of peroxide to your bath water. Soak for at least a ½ hour.
· Ear Infections – to relieve, place 6-8 drops in the affected ear.
· Ear Wax – to remove, add a couple of drops of warm olive oil followed by a couple of drops of peroxide. Sit with head tilted for several minutes and then flush the ear with warm water.
· Enema – to make your own, add 1 tablespoon to 4 cups of water.
· Foot Fungus – to cure, spray a solution made of equal parts peroxide and water to your feet every night.
· Infections – to heal, soak the infected area in peroxide for 5-10 minutes several times a day.
· Wound Care - 3% H2O2 is used medically for cleaning wounds and removing dead tissue. Peroxide stops slow (small vessel) wound bleeding/oozing, as well.
· Some sources recommend soaking infections or cuts for five to ten minutes several times a day. However, washing and rinsing action is sufficient. You shouldn’t leave the solution on open tissue for extended periods of time as, like many oxidative antiseptics, Hydrogen peroxide causes mild damage to tissue in open wounds. Therefore it is important to use with caution.
· Sinus Infection – to relieve, add one tablespoon of peroxide to non-chlorinated water to be used as a nasal spray.
· Toothache – to relieve pain, hold one capful of peroxide in your mouth for 10 minutes. Hydrogen peroxide is not a pain killer; however, as an anti-viral, antibacterial and anti-fungal agent, it is effective at treating the pathogen that is causing the infection. Patients whose dentists want to get root canals report that they rinsed with hydrogen peroxide (several times a day) as well as with coconut oil (once a day). The discomfort went away and there was no further problems with the teeth.
· Yeast Infections – to control, add 2 capfuls of peroxide to your douche 1-2 time per week.
· Prevent swimmer's ear - when you have water stuck in your ears, mix equal parts hydrogen peroxide with equal parts rubbing alcohol. Put into ear with a dropper, let sit for a minute and drain. The water will come out with the solution!
· Bird Mites Infections - People infected by tiny mites report that hydrogen peroxide effectively kills the mites on their skins. They spray it on their skin a couple of times (with a few minutes in between the applications) with amazing results.
· Cold Sores / Canker Sores
· Yeast Infections / Athletes Foot / Nail fungus –
· Bathroom – to disinfect, fill a spray bottle with equal parts peroxide and water.
· Counter tops – to kill germs, spray the counter tops with peroxide and wipe with a clean cloth.
· Grout – to whiten, make sure the grout is dry, then spray a generous amount of peroxide on the grout. Let it sit for 1-2 hours and scrub the area with an old toothbrush and some warm soapy water.
· Mirrors – for a no steak clean, spray mirrors with peroxide and wipe with a paper towel or newspaper.
· Mold – to control, clean the area with peroxide.
· Tile – to remove stains, make a thick paste using flour and peroxide. Apply the mixture to the stain, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit overnight. Rinse clean.
· Toothbrush – to kill germs, soak your toothbrush in peroxide.
· Cutting Board – to kill germs, after rinsing off your cutting board, spray it with 50/50 peroxide/water (and then vinegar) to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
· Dishrags and sponges – to clean, soak them for 15-30 minutes in a solution using equal parts peroxide and warm water. Rinse.
· Fruits & Vegetables – to clean, spray them with peroxide (food grade) and let them stand for a few minutes, then rinse and dry.
· Fruits & Vegetables – for a non-toxic sanitizer, pour peroxide (food grade) into a dark colored spray bottle (light destroys peroxide) and fill another spray bottle with vinegar. Spray your fruits and vegetables with the peroxide and then repeat using the vinegar.
· Fruits & Vegetables – to neutralize chemicals and prolong freshness, add ¼ cup of peroxide (food grade) to a sink full of cold water. Soak vegetables for 20-30 minutes. Rinse, drain and let dry.
· Refrigerator – to disinfect, spray the interior with peroxide and wipe with a clean cloth.
· Salad – to prolong freshness, lightly spray with a solution of ½ cup water and 1 tablespoon of peroxide (food grade).
· Septic Systems - Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of 3% Hydrogen peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants willLaundry
· Blood Stains – to remove, pour peroxide on the spot and let it sit for a few minutes. Then rub and rinse with cold water.
· Clothes – to whiten, add a cup of peroxide to your wash. Peroxide is milder than bleach and will keep your clothes from wearing out as fast.
· Wine Stain – to remove, mix together equal parts peroxide and liquid detergent. Pour the mixture over the stain. With a clean cloth blot the stain and wash with warm water.
· Wring Around the Collar – to remove, spray the area with a mixture of 2 parts peroxide and 1 part liquid detergent. Let it sit for an hour before rinsing. *Works great on armpit stains too.
· Mites – to kill, spray with area with peroxide.
· Plants – to improve their root system, water them with a mixture of 32 parts water and 1 part peroxide.
· Seeds – to sprout, soak seeds overnight in a mixture of 1 ounce peroxide and 2 cups water.
· Dogs/pets encounter a skunk - 16 oz. bottle of hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and a tsp. of dish soap
· Sprouting Seeds – Mix 1 oz peroxide with 1 quart water to soak seeds, and then use again for subsequent rinsings. This helps reduce mold and fungus.
· House plants / Outdoor plants
Grades of Hydrogen Peroxide
A) 3.5% Pharmaceutical Grade: This is the grade sold at your local drugstore or supermarket. This product is not recommended for internal use. It contains an assortment of stabilizers which shouldn’t be ingested. Various stabilizers include: acetanilide, phenol, sodium stanate and tertrasodium phosphate.
B) 6% Beautician Grade: This is used in beauty shops to color hair and is not recommended for internal use.
C) 30% Reagent Grade: This is used for various scientific experimentation and also contains stabilizers. It is also not for internal use.
D) 30% to 32% Electronic Grade: This is used to clean electronic parts and not for internal use.
E) 35% Technical Grade: This is a more concentrated product than the Reagent Grade and differs slightly in that phosphorus is added to help neutralize any chlorine from the water used to dilute it.
F) 35% Food Grade: This is used in the production of foods like cheese, eggs, and whey-containing products. It is also sprayed on the foil lining of aseptic packages containing fruit juices and milk products. THIS IS THE ONLY GRADE RECOMMENDED FOR INTERNAL USE.
G) 90%: This is used as an oxygen source for rocket fuel.
Only 35% Food Grade hydrogen peroxide is recommended for internal use. At this concentration, however, hydrogen peroxide is a very strong oxidizer and if not diluted, it can be extremely dangerous or even fatal. Any concentrations over 10% can cause neurological reactions and damage to the upper gastrointestinal tract. There have been two known fatalities in children who ingested 27% and 40% concentrations of H202. Another reports tells of a 26 month old female who swallowed one mouthful of 35% H202. She immediately began vomiting, followed by fainting and respiratory arrest. Fortunately, she was under emergency room care and although she experienced erosion and bleeding of the stomach and esophagus, she survived the incident. When she was re-examined 12 days later, the areas involved had healed (J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 90;28(1):95-100).As with ANY food, drug, or supplement, using the product according to instructions is key to safety. If someone uses too much, then of course ramifications may be felt. We’ve NEVER heard of ANY harmful side effects from the correct usage of Food Grade hydrogen peroxide.
35% Food Grade H202 must be….
1. Handled carefully (direct contact will burn the skin- immediate flushing with water is recommended).2. Diluted properly before use.
3. Stored safely and properly (after making a dilution the remainder should be stored tightly sealed in the freezer).One of the most convenient methods of dispensing 35% H202 is from a small glass eye dropper bottle. Fill this with the 35% H202 and store the larger container in the Freezer compartment of your refrigerator until more is needed. Store the eye dropper bottle in the refrigerator. The drops are mixed with either 6 to 8 ounces of distilled water, juice, aloe vera juice or gel.
(Don’t use chlorinated tap water to dilute the peroxide!)
Posted by Jacque Gurney, CNHP, HHP, THC